I’ve been pretty good this week about getting the writing done. I didn’t always write all I wanted every day this past week, but I wrote every day, and reached my page goals most days. Thursday, I think it was, I got an e-mail from the editor that they were going to be working on cover art.
Of course, this being me, I was reading the e-mail faster than my brain could compute, and skipped over some of the pertinent information and began to panic that they were re-doing the cover to The Compass Rose. Then I read the e-mail more carefully–the way I should have done to begin with–and realized that no, this was for the cover for Book TWO of the One Rose trilogy. The book I’m still fighting to finish. Immediate reaction: ACK!!!
I’m only a little past the halfway point (I think). I have no idea whether any scenes will turn up in the end of the book that will make great cover scenes. (There is a pretty cool one in the middle, though.) So I put together descriptions of the settings where most of the book takes place (and will have to go back and beef up the descriptions, because I tend to skim over those, even though I have definite ideas about what things look like) and descriptions of the characters, and a couple of scenes and which characters are in what locations, and we’ll see what happens.
I spent most of today (Saturday) doing this, so I can get back to the writing tomorrow. Only have two things I have to do next week–no, three. But I can get that done. I can make it.
Need to go buy new bulbs to put in my flower bed, too. The ones I had rotted before I could get them in the ground. (sigh)